I write to thank you for the excellent training program/workshop you
conducted for us a few weeks ago in Cairo on 'Contract Drafting'.
I have now had an opportunity to review the evaluation forms in detail and
they all confirm the very positive feedback we got verbally. The grading
across the board was between '4' and '5', i.e. very good and excellent.
Participants used words such as 'lively and well structured', ' very
beneficial', and 'perfect refreshment on basic legal information'.
We look forward to more programmes in Cairo.
It’s with pleasure that I can recommend BLC to any interested party.
I can confirm the session that BLC and Deloitte Baku ran together on legal writing for lawyers in the beginning of November 2012 was well delivered and we received great feedback from the students.
Thank you and look forward to working together in the future.
I especially appreciate the information and advice you have provided during the seminar. I have gained valuable insight into the Anglo-Saxon legislation system over the seminar. I’m sure it will be very useful in relations with foreign companies. Also I’m very interested in the International Legal English certificate course and will be glad to participate.
Contract and Legal Document Drafting workshop - Next workshops - Dubai 14th/15th May 2013 .
The Contract law and legal document drafting seminar is a two day workshop for practicing lawyers and law students. It will enable them to improve their knowledge of Contract law and learn the necessary skills of writing clear, concise contracts.
The speakers are all highly experienced British lawyer-linguists.
Participants will gain experience and understanding of the essential skills of drafting clear contracts, including basic contracts, assignments and other contract types and terms.
The seminar includes essential legal concepts in contract law, its rights, remedies and enforceability. This two day seminar will be delivered by experienced lawyer/linguists used to the multicultural, international flavour of modern business. The practical knowledge needed by lawyers working in international commerce and instruction on the best practices for contract drafting will be covered and practiced in exercises during numerous breakout sessions in teams led by the speakers.
All of this is intended to require full input from the participants to ensure they gain a solid working understanding of the principles and basics of writing clear, concise,contracts covering the benefits and obligations agreed.
- The basics of good drafting
- Planning the contract
- Structuring clauses
- Basic contract law relating to obligations and liabilities
- Negotiating terms and conditions
- Being exact and concise in contracts
- Using warranties, guarantees, indemnities,undertakings, covenants, representations and Conditions
- Penalties and remedies for breach and infringement
- Damages, liquidated damages and penalty clauses
- Clauses excluding liability
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognise the essential ingredients of binding contracts
- Avoid basic errors which invalidate contracts or cause confusion later
- Understand the importance and characteristics of good drafting
- Be able to draft well structured, practical, clear and concise documents
- Be able to comment effectively and sensibly on other lawyers’ documents
- Approach drafting with increased confidence
- Use clear specific words and phrases to set out obligations and benefits
- Network and interact with speakers and attendees to share experiences and learn about opportunities
Who should attend:
- Legal directors and corporate counsel;
- Practicing lawyers;
- Legal practitioners advising international trading companies;
- Business Development Managers
- Business people involved in international trade.
The course will help delegates improve their drafting skills and approach to drafting typical commercial contracts, such as supply and distribution agreements. It will enable them to draft more effective and robust commercial agreements.
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued at the end of the seminar.
Prices vary depending upon the location. Early bird and Group discounts are usually available
The seminar in Dubai is priced at AED 3,000 per person for the entire 2 day event, including all material, refreshments and lunch on both days The seminars in Bucharest and Tbiisi are priced at $250 per person. The Jakarta seminar is priced at IDR 5,000,000 per participant for the 2 day events.
Click here to reserve a place by paying a 20% deposit: british-legal-centre.com/en/payment.html